Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11/2001 I remember where i was and what i was doing.. Do you?



This song came on as i was driving to my moms work. I was sobbing in my car i could barely see to drive. Tomorrow it will be the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center towers, the pentagon, and flight United 93. I was 12 years old and in 7th grade. I was getting ready for school and i looked at Fox 13 news and saw a tower on fire. I didn't understand what it was until as i was watching the second tower was hit. I started listening and i was crying. Even at twelve years old i knew that this was an attack on the US. I knew there were thousands of people dying and there was nothing i could do about it. I went to school, but all we did in our classes was watch the news. We didn't do any work, or learn anything new. We just sat and watched, it was the one day that the class clowns were not clowning around, the bullies were not bullying around. This is a terrible day in our history. Please remember this day. I know i do and i pray for the people who were directly affected by this day. Even ten years later because they still need it. I am proud to be and American where at least i KNOW i'm FREE! and i won't forget the men who DIED who gave the RIGHT to ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment